Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2008 Yeti Arc

Since I was 14 years old, I have always wanted a YETI ARC. I would buy all the US magazines for the reviews on the yeti, and even remember a freewheel review on the ARC that praised it to the high heavens. Mine arrive last Friday, and it was cruel to have the boxes sitting behind me while I worked.
I left work early, and quickly got home to get the build happening. Not one who spends too much time on spanners, it was great to build up the bike myself. The only thing missing was a beer sitting on the toolbox. Once built, I stood back and grinned. She was a beauty.
The Yeti got the final 'race prep' touches before the start of the 110km (112km!!) Noosa Enduro. I ran a set of Pace Carbon Rigid forks, just for laughs, but the smile of that soon went halfway into the race when after fixing a flat, and using a CO2 canister to fill the front I must have had 50spi that made the front very stiff. The frame itself, was everything I have dreamed about for almost 14 years. It was comfortable, and fast...climbed like a goat, and went downhill like a dream. It was, in a single word, brilliant.
It seemed a shame, that the first race for the ARC was a mud bath, but it keep the smiles up the whole race. The next time a number gets put on the bike, will be when Ben and I team up together for the Chase the Sun in Victoria. It should be fun, not sure what bike ben will ride....but we will be there!!!!

No comments: