Monday, September 29, 2008

Local XC Race

While Russ/Ben were racing in VIC, I was up racing my Yeti at the local XC race in Mt Crosby. A slight extension of the course from last time, with an addition of a a rocky singletrack downhill 9instead of a plain fireroad descent) helped keep the amusement levels high.

The legs were a little heavy from the previous day, but as the race went on, the legs started to get better. I tried to maintain a steady pace on the the climbs, and really try to make up time in the tight and twisty.

The end result was a good one, with top spot on the box with my name on it...
I am up for new race wheels, and I got to borrow some ROVAL wheels for the race. Quite light, and the stiffness was surprising. They changed my ARC hardtail into a very responsive weapon..
And with the XC race starting at 8am, and all over by 9ish.....i was home early, cleaned then beast.....and let it play in the backyard.

No comments: