Monday, September 8, 2008

Racing again.....in colours!

Brisbane racing ebbs and flows, some weekends we have to choose between 3 races, and then other times there are long stretches before you can put a plate on the front of your bike to get some XC kms into the legs.

Well thankfully, local club racing is back in fashion, in the good ol land of XXXX. $10 gets you a race plate and time to smash yourself around a seriously good singletrack course.

A genuine smile. The course was steller. A quick 4km loop, which would have been 3km of singletrack. Tight and twisting all over the place. Some sections were super tough to be quick through (rock garden) and other areas were just plain fun (the A and B line downhill section).

There were 3 people in the downhill section, making the same sound as 50. All looking for someone to bin it big time, but still cheering no matter what.

Have you every ridden a section, so outta control and so fast, that you get through it and wondered
1). How you didn't crash?
2). How fast that must have looked to you mates?

Well, I give you lap 3, and myself coming through the A plus line that I created through that section. A nice pre-jump off the singletrack, and straight lined it into the off shoot ramp......I should have been laying in a pile of dirt!!!

Result found here;

http://www.kenmorecycleclub.com/

I am still LOVING being on my Arc hardtail. Yeah, I know Ben and Russ are pimping style on there 2008 ASR-Alloys, and they all look the business. But my hardtail is brilliant, the dimensions fit my body perfectly, and the balance between comfort and speed is there..
But, the last laugh will be mine.

Just who will get the new ASR-Carbon first..........

No comments: