Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jubberland 6 hour Castlemaine.

What a great place. Private land. Awesome trails. Perfect weather. Great result.


I borrowed the Jeep Wrangler for the trip to the 'maine. And immediately found out how big the tank is....

The trip up was fairly uneventful. arriving just as the sun was going down we got out campsite setup and wandered over to see the Fixi Toss. Maybe i should have had a go cause the other mini events from the evening were a bust for me.

Longest Skid comp on a 16inch bike - Disqualified. not sure why but i wouldn't have won anyway
Dual Eliminator on 16inch bike - out in the first round.

I was up against Paul Van and decided the way to beat him was knock him off the track.
Neg.

My 70ish kg VS his 90ish kg didn't work. My handlebars were no longer pointing the right way.
Also, to be totally honest, I Cant Ride A 16inch Bike. Cant do it. I've ridden trials, DH, XC. Tech stuff, picked some stupid lines and pulled em off. I just cant rock the kids bike. That is all.

Thankfully there was a roaring fire and many ales to pass the time.

Highlight of the evening, fixi tossed into the fire.... by morning the cranks, rims and rear hub had been reshaped into metal blobs. The frame was ready for a coat of paint. freshly heat treated....

Frosty morning. minus temps overnight combined with an air mattress that decided to loose air made for a hard night. Many a plan was devised on the drive home after the race on how to improve the tent and sleeping arrangements. I think borrowing a caravan may have been the winner....

more on Sundays race to come.

No comments: