Sunday, June 28, 2009

4x4

I've owned a 4x4 for a few years now and haven't really used it too much. Apart from a few DH missions, The Wonnongattta Epix, and occasionally needing 4x to get out of my drive(wet dirt) its stayed in 2wd.

After the Wonnongatta Epix I replaced the bald tyres, fitted non sagged springs, shocks, fixed the death whine in the transfer case and got myself a UHF. Still its taken a good year before i've found time to hit the dirt.

An invite from Ash saw me and a mate rockup to Gisbourne for some fun in the mud.

The day had a few false starts.... I needed a jump start, then couldn't get the engine to rev at all. Flat to the floor and it would barely idle. Eventually it got going but throughout the day i would occasionally have to "stoke the Boiler" to get some power out of the ole 2.4
Hopefully its just a clogged fuel filter. We'll see....



The little Hilux that could. Early on before it got covered in Wombat Forest Mud...


All the other 4x4's out were slightly better prepared for the bogs. I picked which ones to go through or go around. Later in the day I would have no choice. ( Funnily enough i don't have any shots of me driving...)




The Red Dragon... This guy drove hard, love to see someone who's not too worried about their vehicle. Checkout Ash's blog for video.



Cleanup time!! Driving home after its wash I had every warning light on... Damn electrics. what little there is in an 85 hilux were having fun all by themselves.



Yeah, this post has nothing to do with Yeti's or riding them.

No comments: