Sunday, June 21, 2009

Inspired Digging...

Normally I hit the local trails wednesday night with the old FTF ride but this week i got an early out and decided to ride in the daylight. Since getting back from Alice Springs I've been taking it easy(read CBF riding in the dark/wet) so a bit of sunshine was welcomed for a ride....

On my way i took a small detour to look at a pump track one of my mates has been building. Heaps of fun. couldn't quite get around without putting a crank in but i'm tipping with my seat down and a few more laps I'd get it dialed.



So I've been inspired. I need a pump track in my backyard. Pity i don't have any flat ground to play with....

After a bit of thinking i decided mini DH/XC course will have to do.


Beginnings... Straight down there


Plenty of roots to float over around the pine tree. I've dug the dirt out between them to get the suspension working.





First drift corner. Shove the back wheel hard into this one cause there's a small double (which will get larger...) coming up.








Small double next to the shed takes the trail off to the left. On the right is the return trail which will wind its way up the hill.
So while it looks like rain and winter sets in I'll be building...