Monday, May 31, 2010

Chase the Sun Round 1

Airtime...


5 hours of red hot racing. The course was 90% dry and very fast.

Steele smashed out lap 1 to bring us round in second behind josh carlson with brenton from Torq a bit behind and Cal Britten seemingly off the pace.
For the next 3 laps it was us and the Torq boiz absolutely mackin through the course with only a wheel between us. Cal and Dan were chasing hard and were always just in the background.

On my 4th lap the pace started to take its toll. Robbie got a gap on me as i got caught in traffic and i couldn't get back on. Dan B was lurking and past me too. Back into 3rd. i transitioned to Steele for his 5th lap and he took up the chase. Looking to leave it all on the track.

Sadly it wasn't to be. We were both done. It would come down to the wire for my last lap. I was ready, sort of...

Steele came through with under a minute to go and i rolled out to attempt an amazing comeback.... ha.

Congrats to Dan and Cal for a great race, Dan winning it in a sprint finish.

Thanks to my team mate Steele for shredding the trail all day and the Torq boiz Robbie and Brenton for pushing us all day.