Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweet As Upgrades

Had a bit of downtime after the red centre, partly cause i feel rest is good and partly cause my return to melbourne and working has me on the cold wagon. Started with a sore throat, moved on to a blocked nose and now a cough. On the mend i hope, just in time for round 1 of Chase the Sun @ Lysterfield this sunday.
5 Hours of smackdown, I'm teaming up with Steele Von Hoff......

Time to get the ARC back up and into tiptop shape for racing.

I've been looking at streamlining the setup on my hardtail for a bit now and a single front ring has been on the list. Rather than use front derailleur to keep the chain on i decided to go use an E-Thirteen XC chainguide. Easy to setup and very quiet.



Went with a 38t chainring and an 11-32 cassette. Should work ok for the moment. Considering getting a 10speed shifter setup(when the X9 or XO sram ones are available) to increase my options with a 11-36 cassette.

one could go a bit nuts and waste a lot of time with chainring and cassette options but i figure its like a single speed, spin to win or stand and grind it....
So far its working well.

The second stage in my upgrades was a new fork.


Rockshox SID XX World Cup. Carbon steerer, Hydraulic lockout and all the other things that come with a TopEnd fork

The Hydro lockout has enabled me to try an idea that i came up with while building my ASR5. I ended up with a right hand lockout lever on my "custom" rebas... it got me thinking that with a single shifter for the rear gears i could flip a right hand lockout lever to the left and it would be like a shifter.
Works just fine...



So the right hand side has gear controls under the bar and left has fork lockout control under the bar.



Custom...... awesome....

No comments: